World Off Road Championship Series (WORCS) Racing is one of the biggest national off road ATV racing series in the United States. It is a competition both for amateurs and professionals who are “The Fastest Racers on the Planet.” It was established in 2001, so 2010 is a celebration year – the Series is 10 years old.
As the organizers claim, the WORCS is organized “to promote safe, family fun off road sporting events. Our emphasis on timeliness and generally great racing overall is an effort to be the place for racers to get noticed by the factories and those companies that sponsor off road racers.”
The first ATV race of the season took place in January in Phoenix, Az. 7-time WORCS Champion – Doug Eichner – has just announced retirement, so it’s hard to predict who will be the winner at the end of the year.
2010 WORCS Racing Schedule
- Jan. 22nd – 24th, Speedworld Raceway, Phoenix, Az
- Feb. 26th – 28th, Buffalo Bills Resort Casino, Stateline, Nv (new track)
- Mar. 19th – 21st, Crazy Horse Campground, Lake Havasu, Az
- Apr. 23rd – 25th, Racetown 395, Adelanto, Ca
- May 21st – 23rd, Honeylake MX, Milford, Ca
- Jun. 4th – 6th, Cahilla Creek, Temecula, Ca (new track)
- Jul. 23rd – 25th, Straddleline ORV Park, Olympia, Wa
- Sept. 24th – 25th, Glen Helen, Devore, Ca
- Oct. 15th – 17th, Mesquite MX, Mesquite, Nv
Written by Mascus.com. Visit us online to find used ATVs for sale.